CALL FOR CURATORS: 2019 exhibitions
Brooklyn Art Cluster invites independent curators to submit proposals for a curatorial project to be presented in 2019 at The Cluster gallery.
Brooklyn Art Cluster is an art organization committed to building creative environments for curators and artists alike. We focus on supporting collaborations between curators and artists to share inspirations and expand networks for the development of their works and career. Our two locations offer residency and curatorial programs, long-term workspaces, exhibitions and various art projects with 18 work studios, a gallery and a project space.
The selected curators will be offered an exhibition space, opening reception and online and off-line promotions. We accept proposals of group shows, solo shows and other art events except for self-curated solo show. The date of exhibitions and other details will be determined after discussion with each selected curator.
Please Note: Curators may not include their own work in the exhibition and Brooklyn Art Cluster does not provide a production budget for exhibitions and events.
NOTIFICATION: Notifications of the selection process will be sent via e-mail within four weeks of the deadline.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Please submit the following materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Curatorial Submission” in the subject line.
- An overview page with;
a) name of curator, email address and website;
b) name(s) of artist(s), where they are based, email addresses and websites for each;
- A one-page statement describing the concept of the exhibition (maximum 300 words).
- Up to 20 images total, with images for each artist if proposing a group show. Images should be jpegs with a maximum resolution of 800 pixels on the long side.
- Up to 2 videos can be submitted via YouTube or Vimeo Links, please list them on a separate page in the PDF document.
- An image checklist for photo/video work submitted. Include the image number, artist name, title, year, medium and dimensions.
- Resume(s) and bio(s) of the curator(s).
- Resume(s) and brief bio(s) of all artists to be included.